The immune system has received a lot of attention in recent years. It is responsible for the body’s defense, our risk of infection, but also for inflammation, allergies, part of the defense against cancer and autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and Crohn’s disease. It also has an important influence on our metabolism mainly due to inflammatory reactions.
Of course, many of our lifestyle habits have an impact on the proper functioning of the immune system. Above all, the quality of sleep and stress management. Most of us have had a particularly exhausting or stressful time that was followed by the flu, a cold or some other type of infection. You can use Vitoli® Sleep or Vitoli® Stress & Anxiety to help you get natural, restful sleep and manage stress well.
There is also food. Healthy eating, rich in fiber and plant polyphenols, through a high consumption of vegetables, whole grains, and nuts, promotes a healthy and diverse microbiota. It is of course possible to use probiotics. These good bacteria in our gut are in constant balance with the functions of the immune system. A bad microbiota, containing too many bad bacteria, negatively influences immune function and can promote inflammation and increased symptoms of autoimmune diseases or allergies. In the other direction, an imbalanced immune system, for example through poor management of stress, can cause digestive problems and promote a poor composition of microbiota. This balance is therefore bidirectional.
What about supplements?
We could divide supplements for the immune system into two broad categories: 1) vitamins and minerals and 2) plant extracts. Certain vitamins and minerals are essential for the proper functioning of the immune system, such as zinc and vitamin D3. With regard to plant extracts, it is more about reducing the symptoms and/or the risk of infection, through various mechanisms that are sometimes very complex, which include non-specific antibacterial and antiviral effects. The two best scientifically documented herbal extracts for these applications are probably echinacea and astragalus.
With the goal of providing the most comprehensive product on the market, we created Vitoli® Immunity. It contains standardized extracts of echinacea, astragalus and olives (the exclusive Provitol® Complex). In addition to the three high-quality extracts of these specific plants, it contains vitamin D3 and zinc to enhance the immune system’s response. It can be used in prevention or in treatment.
For those who want to prevent infections by improving the health of the immune system, we recommend using one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening. It is suggested that you stop using it for a week between each bottle and start over as needed.
In the event of infections, in order to strengthen the body’s natural defenses, you can use Vitoli® Immunity until the symptoms stop; always one capsule in the morning and one in the evening.
It is therefore essential to maintain good eating habits, pay attention to the quality of sleep, as well as stress management and, if necessary, to consider certain quality supplements.
Here are some testimonials from the testimonials section of the Vitoli website. These are people who wrote to us to thank us and we asked them if we could mention their full name, age and region to demonstrate that these are real people:
- I knew about Vitoli products from someone who told me about them. I have seen them in pharmacies and on television. I decided to give them a try. I too often had allergies and I often got viruses, the flu and pneumonia. I was having problems with my glands and since using Vitoli Immunity, everything is better. I’m fine and even the asthma is gone. Lots of benefits. I live in Thetford Mines and it is cold here in the winter. Thank you Vitoli and thank you Dr Simard. Georgette Frimmel, 59 years old, Thetford Mines.
- I saw an advertisement and because I wanted to strengthen my immune system, I tried Vitoli. I used Vitoli Immunity this winter for 3 months, and this is the first time in 6 years that I do not have sinusitis and bronchitis. Thank you Vitoli. Johanne St-Georges, 62 years old, Notre-Dame-Des-Prairies.
- A few years ago, I had pneumonia and as I am asthmatic, I was more vulnerable and I then contracted a small virus. My brother brought to my attention Vitoli Immunity and I can tell you that it has been very effective. I always keep it within reach, in case my allergies act up or if I get a sore throat or cold, I take my Vitoli Immunity and it works. This way I avoid bronchial infections and therefore, antibiotics. Vitoli Immunity is really helping to strengthen my immune system. I recommend it without any hesitation, as it is very effective. Sylvie Desbiens, 61 years old, Alma.
- I have been already taking Vitoli Sleep and Vitoli Joints, both of which I am very satisfied. I was sick for two weeks with a cough and a lot of fatigue. I am a very active person. I went to buy Vitoli Immunity and a few days later I was already seeing a big improvement. Thank you Vitoli! Johanne Corriveau, 57 years old, Sherbrooke.
Claims permitted by Health Canada for Vitoli Immunity:
- Used in Herbal Medicine to help maintain a healthy immune system.
- Helps relieve symptoms and reduces the duration of upper respiratory tract infections.
- Provides antioxidants.
Check out the Vitoli website for more details and helpful tips from over 25 knowledgeable collaborators.
Further suggested reading:
- 7 Tips To Protect Yourself From Viral Complications
- Stop Sleeping Pills in 5 Steps
- Chronic Stress; Immune System and Weight Gain
- The Natural and Effective Solution Against Pain and Inflammation
- Barnes et al. 2005. Echinacea species (Echinacea angustifolia (DC.) Hell., Echinacea pallida (Nutt.) Nutt.,Echinacea purpurea (L.) Moench) : a review of their chemistry, pharmacology and clinical properties. J Pharm Pharmacol.
- Brush et al, 2006. The Effect of Echinacea purpurea, Astragalus membranaceus and Glycyrrhiza glabra on CD69 Expression and Immune Cell Activation in Humans. PHYTOTHERAPY RESEARCH Res. 20, 687–695 (2006).
- Carlberg C. 2019. Vitamin D Signaling in the Context of Innate Immunity: Focus on Human Monocytes. Front Immunol. 2019 Sep 13 ; 10:2211. Review.
- Ardjomand-Woelkart et Bauer. 2016. Review and Assessment of Medicinal Safety Data of Orally Used Echinacea Preparations. Planta Med. 2016 Jan;82(1-2) : 17-31.
- David S, Cunningham R. 2019. Echinacea for the prevention and treatment of upper respiratory tract infections: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Complement Ther Med. 2019 Jun; 44:18-26.
- Lei WT, Shih PC, Liu SJ, Lin CY, Yeh TL. 2017. Effect of Probiotics and Prebiotics on Immune Response to Influenza Vaccination in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Nutrients. 2017 Oct 27 ; 9(11).
- Liu et al, 2010. Comparison of the Immunoregulatory Function of Different Constituents in Radix Astragali and Radix Hedysari. Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology. Volume 2010, Article ID 479426, 12 pages.
- Liu et al, 2017. Anti-Aging Implications of Astragalus Membranaceus (Huangqi): A Well-Known Chinese Tonic. Aging and Disease, Volume 8, Number 6; 868-886, December 2017
- Prasad AS. 2013. Discovery of human zinc deficiency: its impact on human health and disease. Adv Nutr. 2013 Mar 1;4(2):176-90. Review.
- Read SA, Obeid S, Ahlenstiel C, Ahlenstiel G. 2019. The Role of Zinc in Antiviral Immunity. Adv Nutr. 2019 Jul 1;10(4):696-710.
- Schapowal A, Klein P, Johnston SL. 2015. Echinacea reduces the risk of recurrent respiratory tract infections and complications: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Adv Ther. 2015 Mar;32(3):187-200.
- Shan H, Zheng X, Li M. 2019. The effects of Astragalus Membranaceus Active Extracts on Autophagy-related Diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Apr 17 ; 20(8). Review.
- Zmijewski MA. 2019. Vitamin D and Human Health. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Jan 3 ; 20(1).