By improving or maintaining the quality of our sleep, we increase our chances of warding off many health issues. It has been shown from our neighbors to the south, in the United States, that those who experience insomnia spend on average $2,000 more per year on health costs compared to the rest of the population. Lack of sleep reduces the effectiveness of the immune system, increases the risk of depression, the risk of cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and inflammatory processes. Thus, deep and restful sleep is a powerful ally for healthy longevity.
At the center of our health
Have you ever heard of the circadian cycle? Over a 24-hour period, this cycle regulates many metabolic parameters to keep the body functioning properly. These parameters include body temperature, hormone production, glucose management, and sleep. When we sleep, our whole body is working! Cells from different tissues and organs are busy repairing what needs to be repaired or are storing what will be needed for the next day. This whole process is coordinated by sleep itself.
According to a study, we lose about 30 minutes of sleep every 10 years from the age of 40. Obviously, several factors can influence this including:
- Psychological issues;
- The phase shift of the circadian cycle;
- Any other health problem that affects sleep (e.g., pain).
Not to mention certain vicious circles that can enter our daily lives. For example, menopause symptoms can interfere with sleep, and poor sleep quality will make these same symptoms worse or cause new ones.
A complete package to help you
Vitoli® Sleep contains melatonin and quality extracts of valerian, passionflower, and olive (powerful antioxidants; olive polyphenols). These four ingredients work in synergy to help all facets of sleep: falling asleep, deep sleep and a full night’s sleep. Note that it is possible to take up to two capsules, but usually one capsule is sufficient; 30 minutes to an hour before going to sleep. Also, be aware that some people prefer to use Vitoli® Stress and Anxiety for sleep; this is a second option. It can be interesting to try both and see which one works best. Vitoli® Stress and Anxiety is also used as one or two capsules, usually one is sufficient, 30 minutes to an hour before sleeping.
Here are some testimonials from the Testimonials section of the Vitoli website. These are people who wrote to us to thank us and we asked them if we could use their testimonial by mentioning their full name, age, and region to show that these are real people:
- I’m 60 years old and I’m from Eastern Ontario, 40 minutes from Ottawa. I cross the bridge to go to Gatineau in Quebec to get Vitoli products because they are very effective and for me it’s worth the detour. I’ve had fibromyalgia for eleven years now and Vitoli Sleep, Stress and Anxiety and Joints do me the greatest good. I have tried all kinds of products and nothing compares to Vitoli. No, before someone requests it, I have no royalties from the company. When you are in pain and finally find good products, it’s normal to recommend it to others. From the first evening that I took Vitoli Sleep, I fell asleep almost immediately and the next morning when I got up, I finally felt rested. I take Vitoli Stress and Anxiety as needed and in 30 minutes I am calm. For Vitoli Joints, I see a big improvement during my big fibromyalgia attacks. Jace Leroux, 59 years old, Bourget, Ontario.
- I take several products from the Vitoli product line and I recommended them to my sister and parents. This allowed my parents to replace the very popular sleeping pills with Vitoli Sleep. Thank you Vitoli! Natalie Lapointe, 50 years old, Sainte-Sophie.
- I have been taking Zopiclone for years but not continuously (2-3 times a week). Sometimes sleep wasn’t better and I was often sleepy during the day. I tried melatonin, without success. When I saw the advertisement for the Vitoli product I was very skeptical, but I decided to try it all the same, because I was tired of the side effects of sleeping pills. I tried Vitoli for the first time this week. I started with one pill. I had no results. The next day I took 2 and slept better than I did with sleeping pills. I eventually want to go back to 1 capsule. My sleep has really changed. I can tell you that they are more effective than the chemical sleeping pills I used and without any side effects! Sylvie Bousquet, 61 years old, Drummondville.
- Before, I couldn’t get a good night’s sleep. I heard about Vitoli products from Facebook and I decided to try Vitoli Sleep. It’s wonderful! A capsule every evening and I sleep like a baby, without side effects and I wake up well rested. My spouse also takes two of your products and he loves it. Sylvie Charrette, 56 years old, Rouyn-Noranda.
- Thank you for your good products! I bought Vitoli Sleep on Sunday and that same evening, 1 hour before going to sleep, I took 1 capsule and slept 9 hours without waking up. I have been taking Vitoli Joints for 2 years now. It’s going wonderfully well. I can cross my legs, so this winter I had less trouble putting on my boots. Vitoli, it’s a real miracle! I inquired about another company, but their products are too expensive. Thanks Dr. Simard. I’m almost 81 years old! I don’t take any medication except for my blood pressure. I let go of my anxiety and insomnia medication (Clonazepam and Buspirone). Long live Vitoli products! Thank you. Huguette Marchand, 80 years old, Montréal.
Claims permitted by Health Canada for Vitoli® Sleep:
- Helps reduce the time it takes to fall asleep.
- Helps increase the total duration and quality of sleep for individuals suffering from sleep restriction or altered sleep schedules.
- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to help promote sleep.
- Helps relieve nervousness and stress.
- Provides antioxidants.
Further suggested reading:
- 6 Tips to Fight Fatigue: Article 1 of 2
- 6 Tips to Fight Fatigue: Article 2 of 2
- Natural Products: The Opinion of a Researcher
- Immune System 2 of 2: 6 Supplements That Work
- Anafi RC, Pellegrino R, Shockley KR, Romer M, Tufik S, Pack AI. 2013. Sleep is not just for the brain: transcriptional responses to sleep in peripheral tissues. BMC Genomics. 2013 May 30;14:362.
- Campos Costa, et al, 2013. Aging, circadian rhythms and depressive disorders: a review. Am J Neurodegener Dis. Nov 29;2(4):228-46. Review.
- Cirelli C. 2012. Brain plasticity, sleep and aging. 2012;58(5):441-5.
- Eric Simard, Dr en biologie et Jacques Lambert, MD. 2018. Vivre jeune DEUX fois plus longtemps. Marcel Broquet la nouvelle édition, 270 pages.
- Hood S, Amir S. 2017. The aging clock: circadian rhythms and later life. J Clin Invest. 2017 Feb 1;127(2):437-446.
- Liu F, Chang HC. 2017. Physiological links of circadian clock and biological clock of aging. Protein Cell. 2017 Jul;8(7):477-488.
- Mazzotti DR, Guindalini C, Moraes WA, Andersen ML, Cendoroglo MS, Ramos LR, Tufik S. 2014. Human longevity is associated with regular sleep patterns, maintenance of slow wave sleep, and favorable lipid profile. Front Aging Neurosci. 2014 Jun 24;6:134.
- Moa Bengtsson, 2018. Middle age men with short sleep duration have two times higher risk of cardiovascular events than those with normal sleep duration, a cohort study with 21 years follow-up. European society of cardiology; Congress 2018.
- Ohara et al, 2018. Association Between Daily Sleep Duration and Risk of Dementia and Mortality in a Japanese Community. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018 Oct;66(10):1911-1918.